Seeking a candidate for the Bryan Turner Internship in Business Ethics
Ethical Systems seeks a dynamic, intelligent individual looking to make a difference in the world of business. The internship is named for Bryan Turner, Ethical Systems' first executive director who tragically passed away in a sporting accident in March 2015. Learn more about Bryan and what an extraordinary person he truly was.
We are looking for an intern willing to work [remotely is ok] on a variety of tasks outlined below. The position is paid and the hours are flexible; please see specifics below.
Ethical Systems is a 501c3 organization founded in 2014 to bridge the gap between the behavioral sciences and the business world. We believe that the knowledge is already out there to greatly improve business ethics, thereby bringing enormous benefits to society, as well as greater profitability to businesses.
Ethical Systems is housed within the Business and Society Program at New York University’s Stern School of Business, and the chosen candidate would have an opportunity to work with prominent academics and ethics leaders. We are addressing one of America’s most pressing needs — improving business ethics. We need an intern to help us do just that.
The internship is open to undergraduate students but we will give priority to graduate level candidates.
What You Can Learn
- How to create a long term social media plan
- Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social accounts
- How to manage a user-database, via MailChimp
- Research skills via public / academic websites and research portals
- Writing skills through periodic blog posts on ethics, recent business news and other related/assigned areas
- Project management skills
- How to schedule and plan meetings / calendar maintenance
What We Require
- Contribute (on average) 5-10 hours per week, for six months, with the ability to work remotely. Hours can be flexible as based on your schedule.
- Strong interest in business, business ethics, and/or social/behavioral science
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired
- Familiarity around gathering academic research desired but not required
Stipend / Time Period
Ethical Systems is offering a $2,000 stipend for the 2017 internship, currently scheduled at six months (open start date, but preferred June 1, 2017). There is an opportunity to continue working with our team after the initial timeframe for an additional stipend.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, writing sample and resume to Jeremy Willinger, Communications Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Preferred deadline for applications: April 28, 2017.
|Know someone who would be perfect for this assignment? Share this post with your network and help us make ethics easy.|