The Bryan Turner Internship in Business Ethics provides talented and committed researchers an opportunity to lead and participate in projects that focus on the social and behavioral science of business ethics. The internship is named for Bryan Turner, Ethical Systems’ first Executive Director. Learn more about Bryan and his extraordinary life.
About Ethical Systems
Ethical Systems is a collaboration of top researchers, most of whom are faculty at leading business schools. We all share the conviction, backed by research, that in the long run, good ethics is good business.
The core team is housed in NYU Stern’s Business and Society Program, although our interns can work remotely. Interns have an opportunity to work with prominent academics and ethics leaders. The internship is open to undergraduate students but we give priority to graduate level candidates.
- 2017: Bharathy Premachandra
Drafted a case study: Under Pressure: Wells Fargo, Misconduct, Leadership and Culture
- 2016: David Laing
Assisted our team in preliminary research and fact-checking on our eBook: Head to Head: A conversation on behavioral science and ethics
What The Position Can Help Teach
- Research skills via public / academic websites and research portals
- Writing skills through creation of new research tools on business ethics, blog posts on recent business news and other related/assigned areas
- How to create a long term social media plan
- Relationship building with our online community by maintaining Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social accounts
- How to manage a user-database
- Project management skills
What We Require
- Contribute (on average) 5-10 hours per week, for six months, with the ability to work remotely. Hours can be flexible as based on your schedule.
- Strong interest in business, business ethics, and/or social/behavioral science
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired
- Familiarity around gathering academic research desired
We are not accepting applications at this time. We will update the page with instructions when the application period opens.