I am the BB&T Professor of Business Ethics at the University of Central Florida, where I specialize in business ethics and strategy.
I received my doctorate from Carnegie Mellon University, and served as a Visiting Scholar at Oxford University and the London School of Economics. I have also served as Associate Editor at the Academy of Management Journal, Journal of Management, and Business Ethics Quarterly and as an Academic Fellow with the Ethics Resource Center in Washington, D.C.
I am a SIOP and APA Fellow, a member of the Society for Organizational Behavior, and received the Society of Business Ethics’ Master Ethics Teacher award. I have also advised organizations ranging from family businesses to Fortune 500 firms and my thoughts on business ethics and strategy have appeared in over 50 newspapers and magazines, including the New York Times, Newsday, and the Chicago Tribune.
My Ethical Systems Interview (October 2017)
Teaching / Research Interests:
- Business Ethics
- Business Strategy
- Organizational design
Ethical Systems Culture Measurement Working Group
My Major Relevant Publications:
- Managerial Ethics: Managing the Psychology of Morality, 1st Edition, edited by Marshall Schminke, Routledge, 2010. [bookstore] [public library]
- Managerial Ethics: Moral Management of People and Processes, 1st Edition, edited by Marshall Schminke, Psychology Press, 1998. [bookstore] [public library]
- UCF Faculty Lounge: Dr. Schminke talks about the College of Business master programs and discusses the mission of the UCF College of Business doctoral program and how they started. (2004)
- “Behavioral ethics: New frontiers,” Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Volume 123, Pages 77-78.
- “Encouraging employees to report unethical conduct internally: It takes a village,” Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Volume 121, Pages 89-103.