Here, we provide links to cases useful in teaching courses about ethical systems design. You can also find case studies on our individual research pages.
Ethical Systems Case Studies:
- Under Pressure: Wells Fargo, Misconduct, Leadership, and Culture
- Barings Bank [Barings Bank.pdf]
- Fixing a Hole, an Accounting case by Robert Bloomfield of Cornell University.
Ethical Systems Company Snapshots:
- Conscious Capitalism- Core to The Container Store’s Success
- “Don’t Buy Our Products” – Ethics at Patagonia
- At Costco, Culture is King
Sites that offer large collections of cases in which ethics, or behavioral science research, features prominently:
- A great number of cases related to ethical issues can be found at CasePlace.org
- The Center for Positive Organizational Scholarship at University of Michigan (Ross) offers a list of teaching cases
- Most cases can be purchased/licensed from Harvard Business Publishing for Educators
- The Keenan Center for Ethics offers several cases on business ethics, developed and tested for undergraduate students
Case Studies from Media:
- “The Leadership Blind Spots at Wells Fargo.” Susan Ochs, Harvard Business Review, October 2016.