Ethical Systems seeks a NYC-area based Senior Research Associate (remote or in-person)
Help companies improve their ethics while advancing research on organizational behavior!
Ethical Systems is a research collaboration among the leading social and behavioral scientists. The core team is housed at the NYU Stern School of Business, but the Sr. Research Associate can work remotely. Our mission is to make the world’s best research available, for free, to anyone interested in improving the ethical culture and behavior of an organization.
We are hiring a part-time Sr. Research Associate to work with us to advance our goal to create the best organization and resources that will help build bridges between academia and practitioners on business ethics. The role will ideally complement your own research goals and provide pathways to writing and other research opportunities for you. The ideal candidate will share our commitment to business ethics, have a background in social psychology, organizational behavior, or behavioral science, and bring fresh ideas for how social science research can be applied to improve organizational ethics outcomes. The primary duties of the Sr. Research Associate will be to gather, evaluate and summarize published research so that Ethical Systems can maintain the world’s best website with free resources on business ethics.
You would report directly to the organization’s Executive Director and work with the organization’s Founder/Director Professor Jonathan Haidt.
- PhD or ABD in the social sciences (social psychology, Organizational Behavior, or related fields);
- Ability to gather, evaluate, and summarize published research on organizational behavior;
- Excellent writing skills: you would write research pages and blog posts, and possibly magazine articles;
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently, and effectively manage deadlines, and multiple priorities; and
- The ability to design and carry out original research, including analyzing large datasets using SPSS or other statistical packages is a plus, but not required.
This is a one-year role, ideally to begin in April 2018. The pay will be a stipend, commensurate with the candidate’s background and experience. This position can be remote.
To Apply: Send a resume and/or CV and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for Ethical Systems to Jeremy Willinger, Communications Director, at email@example.com