Each month, Ethical Systems publishes an interview with one of our esteemed collaborators covering their research and work in an area relating to ethics and ethical systems design.
For June, however, we decided to upend that tradition and focus on the wealth of expertise at our inaugural conference. Truly, it would not be an Ethical Systems event without a leading group of academics and practitioners exchanging resources and strategies around strengthening the ethical climate and culture of today’s business world.
Ethics By Design: How to Use Nudges, Norms and Laws to Improve Business Ethics features the proficient research and work of Ethical Systems collaborators and outside experts. From our existing contributors, we welcome the following collaborators as speakers and participants at the event, with links to previous interviews:
- Robert Bloomfield
- Daylian Cain
- Nick Epley
- Jonathan Haidt
- Marc Hodak
- Jeffrey Kaplan
- Jim Lager (not yet interviewed)
- David Mayer
- Ann Tenbrunsel
- Linda Treviño
From our growing network, we identified several accomplished academics who can speak to their expertise around ethical culture, internal reporting, and compliance. They include:
- Donald C. Langevoort, Georgetown Law
- Sean Martin, Boston College
- Elizabeth Morrison, NYU Stern School of Business
- Lisa Ordoñez, University of Arizona
- Serina Vash, NYU Law
Ethical Systems and partners have also recruited several leading experts from the business world to contextualize how research can be applied and who can share success stories and best practices. We welcome the following professionals:
- Brian Beeghly, Vice President of Ethics and Compliance at Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Ron Carucci, managing partner at Navalent
- Charles H. Green, founder and CEO of Trusted Advisor Associates
- Cristi Stiers, chemical industry executive
- Carsten Tams, SVP, Ethics & Compliance at Bertelsmann
- Rick Wolf, SVP and chief ethics officer at HSBC North America
With such a diverse array of knowledge on display, we are confident attendees will experience an engaging day of learning and insights. Stay tuned for videos of plenaries and sessions via an Ethics By Design YouTube playlist.