In this episode of the Decision Corner podcast, host Brooke Struck speaks with Jon Haidt and Alison Taylor about the role of ethics and values in business, including the challenges associated with Gen-Z, and the workplace culture changes that have been fuelled by the evolution of social media and increasing polarization in countries like the United States.
- The challenges that come with leading a multi-generational and politically motivated workforce
- Should businesses take a stance on social issues? Is neutrality a viable position?
- Business ethics as a way of conducting business, as opposed to being a safeguard against legal action or public outcry
- Fostering a safe culture where employees feel comfortable expressing their opinions without fear of backlash from the public, or their co-workers
- The role of behavioral science in business beyond the marketing department